- 1 large zucchini, or 3 medium sized, ours was straight from the farm!
- 1 diced small red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Mike's Original BBQ Rub ( more is ok don't worry! )
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grate zucchini into a towel with a bowl underneath it and squeeze out all the liquid. Trust me, there's a lot!
- In a large bowl, add red onion, fresh parsley, eggs, mozzarella cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese & Mike's Original BBQ Rub and mix all together.
- Add the zucchini to the same large bowl we just prepared and then add flour and baking powder and mix all together.
- To make the fritters, use your hands and roll them into balls and place on a baking tray. With this recipe, we were able to make them into 8 balls. If you make more then 8 balls, just keep an eye out when baking them as they make cook quicker.
- Brush olive oil on each one and Bake for 25-30 minutes but again keep an eye out closer to the 20 minute mark so they don't overcook.
- Let them rest for a few minutes and serve and enjoy :)
Extra notes for this recipe :
If you add more BBQ Rub, or any of the cheeses, it won't have an effect on the taste. A little bit more of either is perfectly fine.
If you like it spicy then switch up the Original BBQ Rub for our Spicy Rub. Our spicy rub has maple sugar as well so it can work perfectly :)
Also please remember to squeeze out all the water from the Zucchini ! Especially the fresh ones from the farm or market!